What is Microblading?
-Microblading, unlike tattooing , uses a hand held tool to implant pigment into the epidermal layer of the skin.
-Microblading is considered semi-permanent, but there is no guarantee that it will ever completely disappear.
-This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows.
-You will benefit greatly from this method if you can relate to any of the following:
sparse brows, bald spots, uneven brows, short brows, unable to fill them in correctly, don't like the drawn-on solid brow look, thin brows, no natural arch, suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania or any other condition that can cause hair loss or if you're simply not happy with your brows!
- This isn't a new trend, its been around for many years, but like everything else the TECHNOLOGY behind the art is very new.
- your brows look completely natural! Like they're your own eyebrows! Wake up more beautiful every day!
- lasts up-to 3 years on some skin-types.
- The blade is made up of of between 16 and 21 tiny, sharp needles
- The results are natural-looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair already present.
-The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match your original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them.
-The pigments are natural, plant-based and FDA-approved, not tested on animals and vegan, and made specifically for permanent makeup.
-It is a 2-step procedure
-After the "Perfecting Session" you will only need to come back for a touch up once a year or so to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.
What Can I expect During my Appointment?
Consultation and paperwork
Grooming of brows if needed. Included in price.
Using your face's natural shape, hair growth, and bone structure, I will design a perfectly placed brows! Once I have drawn the shape of your new brows, I will show you my design. We will work together to make the shape exactly what you want. I will work with you to achieve the desired shape. This part alone can take an hour or more. It's artistry and it shouldn't be rushed!
The entire process takes about 90 minutes. Afterwards, you will receive an aftercare package with a copy of instructions for the care of your new beautiful brows. I will check in frequently with you after the treatment to make sure you are happy and caring for them properly.
RESTRICTIONS!! Microblading NOT recommended if you have any of the following:
- prone to Keloids
- Pregnant or nursing
-Diabetes- must be controled and will need to obtain a note with your Doctors approval.
- You must be off of chemotherapy drugs for at least 6 Months prior to your appointment
- If you have metal in your body, speak with your Doctor about starting an antibiotic prior to your appointment.
- Botox in the past two weeks.
- Accutane in the pat year.
What to expect after microblading:
- Immediately following microblading your skin may feel tender and/or tight.
- No down time is expected after the microblading procedure. It takes about 7-14 days for the brows to heal over and about one month for the color to fully set in. You will notice the color will get very light right around the two week mark; the skin will have a opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as "milk skin" and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out, even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
- I will send you home with aftercare.
I use an excellent pigment line called I love Ink, by Tina Davies for Permablend pigments. I fell in love with this line because the colors are so beautiful. They heal perfectly neutral with no warm or cool undertones.